GCV also offers Internship opportunistic, for more information, please click here.
Fresno LGBT Community Center
Open Volunteer Positions:
Permanent Volunteer Level 1
- Office Staff (1 day, 5 hours, a week… either every week or two dates a month) 3 open positions
- Works at the LGBT Community Center 5 hours a week (1 day).
- Handles the day to day operations of the office including but not limited to answering the phones, message taking, flier restocking, library materials check in/out, guest services, overseeing of drop in volunteers, opening / closing procedures, accepts and files donations of monies, books, or materials, general office tasks, other projects as assigned by Center Staff.
- Must be organized, punctual, motivated, and friendly.
- Must fill out a Volunteer Packet and submit to an interview and two days of training by current Staff
- Must agree to the rules of conduct for all Center Staff
- Communicates with other office staff, via email, at end of day re status, issues, ongoing projects, etc
General Ongoing (2-3 hours a week/month) Volunteer Level 2
- Assistant Volunteer Coordinator (3 open positions)
- Does tasks assigned by Volunteer Coordinator
- Data entry as needed
- Email and call existing volunteers and locating additional volunteers for special projects or as needed.
- Assistant Outreach Coordinator (3 open positions)
- Does tasks as assigned by Outreach Coordinator
- Social media and marketing tasks as assigned.
- Flier distribution and promotions
- Making telephone calls, in person visits and mailing letters to potential advertisers / supporters
- Assistant Grant Researchers (1 open position)
- Does tasks as assigned by the Head Grant Researchers
- General Research, writing, editing
Drop-In Ongoing (1-10 hours a week, as available) Volunteer Level 3
- Special Projects, upcoming events
- Flier distribution, promotions, donation request, event logistics assistance, day-of-volunteering
- Special Project, library assistance
- Data entry / labeling of all library materials in a way that will correspond with library software
- Adding new materials to data base and shelving as needed
- General office assistance
- General office tasks as assigned by Office Staff
To volunteer for any of these roles, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
Dates/Times available to work
Area of interest
Relevant experience (not a must, but nice to know)
Our staff will contact you and get you set up!
Thank you for helping us help others!